Thursday, October 8, 2009

testing 1, 2, 5...

video
Time to try the video function. I figured out how to shoot pencil tests on my lap-top by shooting with the built in web-cam and editing in After Effects, (do I sound like a geek or what), so now I can shoot line tests while on the top of Mount Rushmore, (if I so desire). This is a cycle from the Sesame Street bit that I posted designs of earlier. This one isn't at colourful, but it moves more. There's always a trade-off.

video
Here it is in color, but now it's blurry and there's no sound. Why can't I get it right?

7 comments:

Desiree Cassidy said...

woo! Look at that lil guy go. Damn I miss 2D :)

Andy Bartlett said...

2D misses you. Can't wait to see your next film!

Ty Carter said...

2d is great! I can't wait for princess and the frog!

Bianca Beneduci said...

that's lovely andy! now that you can do linetests anywhere anytime will we see more animation?
please?
I too miss fliping, and paper and pencils..

Andy Bartlett said...

I'll post more animation if you do. Don't they paper & pencils where you are yet?

Bianca Beneduci said...

hahaha they do, they do! except i'm not animating on them... flash, flash flash! I still get to draw instead of using symbols, but it's nothing like flipping, it feels like animating with the light table on, using a weird slippery pen..
maybe i'll get an animation desk when I have space at my place

Andy Bartlett said...

A weird slippery pen, eh? I would double check to make sure you're not drawing with a fish.